Monday, August 27, 2012

Real Madrid finally signs Modric

Finally it happened. After a long summer transfer negotiations between Real and Tottenham, Luka Modric finally arrives in Madrid. 
Croatia's best football player and Mourinho's first target for this summer, today passed the medical tests and was presented at Santiago Bernabeu, where he signed a 5-year contract. Total amount of the transfer was set at a price of 35 million euro and it's suppose to be Real's answer to the worst start of the season in 29 years. 
"Finally this happened and I'm relieved. It's the biggest challenge of my football career and I'm sure I will succeed. I have everything I need here, best coach in the world, best players, and I just need to enjoy everything and play my football." - said Modric at the press conference.
Luka Modric was born on 9th of September 1985 and with the war in Yugoslavia, he had to move to the Croatian city of Zadar, where he started to play football. At the age of 15 he was rejected by Hajduk Split, but his talent was noticed by Dinamo Zagreb where he becomes a star, winning 3 championship and 2 cup titles. Good games for Dinamo and Croatia's national team, brought him the attention of several major clubs in Europe, and in 2008 he moved to Tottenham for 21 million euro.
After 4 years, 160 matches and 17 goals in Spurs shirt, Modric moves to Real.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | Best Buy Printable Coupons